ow what you would like on this. ENJOY!! :)
Sunday, May 24, 2009
We are so cool!
Okay ladies, this is the moment that you have all been waiting for...our blog!!! YES!!! I KNOW you're just as excited me (take a moment to do a cheer clap for me please. I would like the fire cracker). I think we might want to add more to this, but I wanted some feedback first. Any suggestions on how to make our blog more beautiful? Please feel free to mess around with the settings or let me kn
ow what you would like on this. ENJOY!! :)
ow what you would like on this. ENJOY!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Let's hear a Woot! Woot! for the blog!!! First order of business is to give you a code name.....how about Big Spoon? Snowy?
ReplyDeleteSweet set-up!! Thanks... I am so ready to disperse those seeds of knowledge.. TOUCH-ME-NOT!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, what's up with it being in Pacific Standard Time!?!? It totally should be Mountain Standard Time :) just kiddin'
ReplyDeleteUhhhh... Cambodia.. hello???
ReplyDeleteHow do you like my new code name?! I think we should stick EST, since its Emily, Melissa, Allie, and my time next year (haha we win!). Also, share with the profs? yes? no?
ReplyDeletePlease people. EST. I think this whole operation should revolve around our home base...which I'm going to temporarily pretend is providence! After all, that is where it all began. And while you may be DISPERSING all over the world, I'm happy to let you all revolve around me (and Allie, Karina, and Melissa)...!
ReplyDeleteIm loving the code names!! Allie? Melissa? Where are you?
ReplyDeleteCaptain Seaweed??? Are you there??
ReplyDeleteI believe I can fly... I believe I can touch the sky... I think about it every night and day...spread my wings and fly away... Signing out 'til I'm across the pond.
ReplyDeleteI'm here I'm here! I don't know who is who (well except our Tory of course). I'll be better for now on!
ReplyDeleteJust got my book - the first 6 weeks of school - can't believe I've actually started to read it but then again, I've got the countdown to my first day of work going on my igoogle page. 64 days until I report for duty (Aug. 12th)
ReplyDeleteWhen does everyone else start up?
Also - what would be a good code name for Allie?
ReplyDeleteAlreadyDidIt?
LittleMissPrepared?
TheFarmer?
SleepsTooSoundly?
ShouldYouBeOutWithYourFriends?
I like SleepsTooSoundly to go along with the theme. I don't know how to change it though! Oh technology, technology...
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love The First Six Weeks of School! I used it a lot even when I began my placement to integrate into the classroom! I know, DORK!
ReplyDeleteI am just catching up on things, and I have to say that given the last post, AlreadyDidIt seems oh-so-fitting!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the AlreadyDidIt!! I have not been doing too much PD to be honest! I have been trying to read a book about differentiation of instruction which is quite interesting, but my new focus in turning towards learning a bit of Cambodian! Let me know if anyone finds some good resources for ELLs who are in the older age bracket, as my main concern is making things from a lower grade level intriguing to older students.
ReplyDeleteOk... question... does anyone know a chapter book that would be at about a 5th grade reading level, but would be appropriate for 7th grade age students and has limited need for background knowledge (ie not on WWII or volcanoes or snow...). I have a few ideas, but wanted to get your opinion! (PS - Cambodian is difficult!!!)
ReplyDeleteWhat about one of those poppy books? do they have rats and owls in Cambodia? (Maybe you can do something in science about prey and predator?) Just a suggestion!
ReplyDeleteI was reading this blog and ya'll made me feel bad about not reading up on things for the coming school year, so I decided i should start doing some work. Damn you!
Question for SleepsTooMuch: What was the name of that book on conferencing?
Misssss you!
E-mail Maureen your question! You know she'll type out a list of 200 books at a variety of differentiated reading levels, as well as resources to go with them.
ReplyDeleteOops! Sorry for the delay DogLovR - it's called How's it going? by Carl Anderson.....good stuff there!
ReplyDelete