Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just saw my classroom!

I just saw my classroom for the first time yesterday and I'm in love. Seriously. High ceilings, white walls with blue and green accent walls where the cubbies are. Windows that look out over the recess courtyard with mountains in the background. It's at the end of the hallway on the top level so I think that it should be pretty quiet. I was nervous about being downstairs because all the specials are down there and the cafeteria and the door to recess so there will be a lot of foot traffic ...hee hee not my class getting disturbed.

My classroom is also disorganized. The desks are all bunched together for cleaning and the walls are bare and I was tempted to try to move things around and get it all nice and settled but all the other classrooms look like mine right now and so I did nothing. I figure why agonize about what corner to put my desk or the library in when I can wait and see how all the veteran teachers set up their rooms and then copy the one I like best. So I decided the only really productive thing I could do is to start to go through everything and organize it so I know what I have already and where it actually is. I'm curious to find out what others are doing to get settled into their classrooms. What's the next step in setting up my classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment